Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finished Project: Chevron Lace Baby Blanket

I finally finished the baby blanket for my neice Maya. This project took quite some time, which I knew it would going into it but man was it tiresome! I'm not ashamed to say that it was by far the most complex pattern I have worked on in that I had to pay attention to both the stitches as well as the rows. I know that sounds silly but if I made any sort of mistake I wouldn't find out for 2 rows. Let me tell you that there was a lot of frogging going on.

Pattern: Chevron Lace Baby Blanket from Vogue Knitting on the Go: Baby Blankets by Veronica Manno
Yarn: Patons Astra in Baby Varigated, 640 yards, or 4 skeins worth
Needles: US size 5
Mods: none

Here it is right off the needles:

Photobucket

Pretty but it needed a bit of work still. The edges rolled right away and it looked scrunched up. So I decided to block it. Now I've never done this before and at first was at a loss as to how I would block a blanket in a one bedroom apartment where I can't have anything on the floor or my bunny will eat it. After a bit of research on Ravelry I found my answer: floor puzzle mats. After a trip to Zellers and a bit of searching I found my answer in the bathroom aisle.

And so after taking a few deep breathes I gently washed the blanket and blocked it on my bed. I am happy with the results but I could have blocked it a bit more if I had more mat pieces. I'm sure I will be more confident with my next project.

Photobucket


And the finished results:

Chevron Lace Baby Blanket

Chevron Lace Baby Blanket

Chevron Lace Baby Blanket


Chevron Lace Baby Blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment