Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010: Goal #3


To read, originally uploaded by Melanie Jennifer.

Read 50 books!

If you know me at all it's no secret that I have a mad passion for books. Sure there are some months that I get in a bit of a funk and can't seem to read anything, or I get engrossed with some new passion. But no matter what for the past 30 years I have had a strong love affair with books.

I made this commitment back in 2008 and unfortunately had a really horrible year in terms of reading. By Dec 31 I had only read 28 books. That number really blows my mind because I just can't picture it. 28 books just seems so sad to me**. I do remember having a really horrible reading rut for the first 4 months. This was also when we were in the throes of starting our medical journey with infertility and I'm sure that had something to do with it.

This past year I almost made it, reading a total of 42 books.

And this year I will make it. It's only one week into the New Year and I've already read 3 books. I can feel a binge coming on. Right now all I want to do is curl up on the couch in my pj's and read until I have no books left.

So I need to maintain this focus if I hope to reach that goal of 50 books in 12 months.

**I find it funny how different people view what they are passionate about. I told someone the other day that this was my goal (to read 50 books) and they just about had a heart attack. Their exact words were “50 BOOKS!!!??? I’m lucky if I read 10 books in a year!!” But I also know people that are just as passionate as I am that read over 75 books in a year. So I guess it’s all a matter of perspective.

2 comments:

  1. I managed to hit 54 last year. I was shocked when I was only reading like 35ish. I know I used to read more, but life gets busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great Cin. Are you reading mostly Fantasy?

    ReplyDelete