Sunday, February 7, 2010

Knitting Notions

Back in November I purchased plastic stitch markers before really looking into what I would be using them for. When I started my first circular project I soon learned that the stitch markers were far too large and left a very loose stitch. This would cause me to have to take out the marker and put it back in place once I finished knitting that stitch; this soon became a pain in the butt. So I decided to make my own.

Many years ago I had gotten into making jewelry that didn’t really materialize into anything permanent. So I have had a tin of beads and findings in my crafty drawers ever since. After a few attempts to make stitch markers I quickly remembered why I stopped making jewelry; I suck at creating the loops on the findings.

And so I went online and found a local shop that offers classes and signed up for the Basic Beading one. Once I finished that class I immediately came home and whipped these up. As you can see from the pictures I definitely still need loads of practice but I can see this becoming a new hobby. I am quite happy with the results!

Stitch Markers

Stitch Markers

Stitch Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment