
If you are interested in finding out what exactly is in that little bottle of Buckley's; click on the picture.
I'm normally a pretty good patient when I am sick. Every winter I get a cold and it usually only lasts for a few days. I never take anything for it as I'm not a big proponent of medication. But every once and awhile I get really sick and then I am forced to give in and take some form of pill for it.
Last week, on the 2nd day at my parent’s house I woke up with a very sore throat. And here I am one week later and I am officially sick. I woke up today with a fever and have been hacking and coughing for days now.
James took control of the situation and busted out The Bottle. He said it was for my own good but really I’m sure it was because he couldn’t take the sounds coming from my throat anymore.
Now normally I’m a huge sucker when it comes to any form of liquid medicine; have been since I was a kid. I have horrible memories of being forced to take green Triaminic as a kid. And so when James brings me the Buckley’s much whining and crying take place on my part. But I am proud to say that this time I manned up and took the damn cough syrup with no fuss at all. What normally would have taken 15 minutes for me to get up my courage took no time at all.
What has changed you ask?
Going through a miscarriage and coming through the other side really puts things in perspective for you.
Now I am off to sleep, knit and charge my new camera!!
Talk to you later.
<3
Melanie Jennifer



No comments:
Post a Comment